Prof.Dr.S.A.Veerapandian alias Dr Vee was born and brought up at Tamilnadu, India.
Evolving as Music Information Technologist
With more than 30 years of teaching undergraduate courses & 25 years of teaching post graduate courses in Physics, Dr.Vee had handled all the subjects in Physics, including Digital Electronics & Applied Electronics (both theory & practical), enabling the development as the Music Information Technologist, after the completion of the Ph.D involving Physics & Music; apart from serving as the member of the Board of Studies in Physics & Music, in the University of Madras.
Music, Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Ancient texts of Tamil & Sanskrit, Indology and Socio-Physics
- Master of Science (Physics) at Joseph’s College, Trichy, India
- Master of Philosophy (Applied Physics) at NIT Trichy (then REC), India
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in ‘Physics of Tamil Music’ at Tamil University, India
- Post Graduate Diploma In Journalism at St. Joseph’s College Trichy, India
- Post Graduate Certificate in Sociological Theories at Joseph’s College, Trichy, India
- Bachelor In Law at Government Law College, Trichy, India
- Professor of Physics, Presidency College, India
- Principal, Sudharsan College of Arts & Science, India
- Served as Professor in the School of Computing at SASTRA University, India.
- Introduced ‘Music Information Technology’ for the Engineering students at SASTRA University & National Institute of Technology (Trichy), India
- Project consultant to Research & Development projects at National Institute of Technology (Trichy), India
- Adjunct faculty ‘Music Information technology’, SASTRA University, India
- Devised the syllabus and taking classes for ‘Natural Language Processing’ for the M.B.A paper on ‘Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing’ at National Institute of Technology (Trichy), India
- Served as guide for Ph.D in music and also served as expert to value the research papers in the music department of the University of Madras, India.
- Member of the ‘Board of Studies’ in music at the University of Madras, devised the syllabus & course materials for ‘Physics of Music’ and ‘Computer Music’.
- Served as a member of the two-men Experts Committee by the Government of Tamilnadu, India to value the Tamil Music Encyclopaedia Project
- Devised the syllabus for the post graduate diploma course in “Non-Destructive Testing”, Approved by the Senate of the Barathidasan University, India.
Dr.Vee founded the first south indian music website ‘www.southindianmusic.com’ in 1998 and online music journal ‘Music Mail’; Now continuing as “www.southindianmusic.org” (Website data migration on progress)
Dr Vee debut Instrumental Music album ‘Let’s Go Green’ released at 1999 and its live performance held at Chennai Museum Theatre, India. Dr.Vee had composed Music for International Award winning video documentary ‘Stagnation’ and Historical documentary ‘Poompuhar’.
Dr.Vee had conducted several workshops, published articles in many journals, national and inter-national conferences, and books in English & Tamil.
Currently Dr Vee is providing consultancy services for Music Related R & D projects, Music Composing and Music related workshops.